samedi 14 août 2010

Teresa Garcia (Buena Vista Social Club) y Cubismo



Teresa Garcia, perhaps better known as Omara Portuondo from her projects with Buena Vista Social Club, is currently on tour in Croatia. She is singing alongside the Croatian creation Cubismo, an energetic salsa and latin-jazz band. This beautiful woman still moves and sings with all the confidence and grace of her earlier years. She urges people to forget their inhibitions and dance: "Baila baila" she yells into the microphone. And it's impossible not to. Fixated on getting some good photos I had pushed my way to the front and was fiddling with my camera settings. She smiled at me, paused as I snapped several shots, and then: "Bailemos!!!" I gave up on taking pictures and decided to live the moment instead of capture it. A dizzying mix of instruments, musicians, and rhythms!
Listen to Cubismo: http://www.myspace.com/cubismomusic.



1 commentaire: